Wednesday, March 4, 2009

59500 - How I Resolved Matiz Problem of Cold Start/ Rough Idle

My car had starting problems espacially after a long parking. The engine just reved up and then immediately stalled. I first suspected IAC valve. So i replaced it, it was a bit costly affair so i decided to install it myself it was easy. Opening hexagon screws were tricky one. The problem seemed to be resolved but the engine was still jerky at cold. After a day or two same problem appeared and it wont just start. Next after some study and discussion board advices i decided to check the PCV valve, i tested it and it was also functioning Ok. Fow a day or two i was perplexed.

I discussed the prob with an experienced mechanic and he suggested without seeing the car that 'The cause of this type is due to Improper Valve Clearence'. I was like OOPS as my engine was at about 58000 Kms and i never once got it adjusted. So i decided to get it straight and after a simple but carefuel Valve adjustment procedure the problem disappeared and now me and my car are both happy. After the valve adjustment I also performed an ECU reset and the Idle Learn Procedure.I was outstation for 2-3 days but after that long park also it started without problems and now its running smoothly.

Cheers

1 comment:

  1. what is valve adjustment. which valves you are talking about. Please clarify so that I could get it done for my car.

    ReplyDelete

Parts Finder